Versa Nut ® is a 'hybrid' threaded insert, providing the strength and integrity of a Rivet Nut, with the grip range of a Jack Nut ®.
The deep permanent re-usable thread created in both steel or plastic materials is made by collapsing the four legs of the component to create a vice-like grip on the underside of the receiving material.
Available in Steel Flat Head only, with thread range M5 - M10 and providing a grip range up to 12.7mm
Key features and benefits
- Installed quickly by using simple hand tools (less than 3 seconds)
- Require only blind side access
- Extra large blind side bearing area after placing
- Higher pull out and torque-to-turn resistance
- Less radial loading of holes in brittle materials
- Less risk of cracking and de-lamination of composites
- Up to twice the grip range of standard blind inserts
- Enables a designer to reduce the size or number of fasteners in an assembly
- Covers large variations of thicknesses
- Please consult our technical department for advice on suitable installation tools.